2016-17 Grant for Student Needs (GSN)
Information on the 2016-17 GSN is now available. The total Student Transportation Grant is projected to be $896.6M in 2016-17. More information on education funding can be found on the Ontario Ministry of Education website.
We are pleased to welcome three new members to our branch:
- Linda Lazda has held a number of positions across the Ministry of Education. She comes to us from the Healthy Schools Unit of the Ministry’s Safe Schools and Student Well-Being Branch. As Senior Policy Analyst, Linda contributed to the ongoing student injury prevention and safety initiative and policy development. Some of her responsibilities include conducting inter-jurisdictional research, writing recommendations, analyzing funding options, managing transfer payment agreements and liaising with stakeholders. Linda is working with the School Board Business Operations Unit as a Senior Policy Coordinator.
- Julie Needler joins us from the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Team within the Ministry’s Student Achievement Division. She has worked with numerous units across the Student Success Implementation and Policy Branches contributing to background research; suggesting best practices in program design; developing logic models; monitoring programs through effective data collection; and reviewing program outcomes with project teams for continuous improvement. She previously worked internationally with UNICEF in monitoring and evaluation, and as an intern in Vienna, Austria supporting the work of Canadian diplomats and an Ambassador. Julie is working with the School Board Business Operations Unit as a Senior Policy Coordinator.
- Jai Deshpande is a fourth-year co-op student from the University of Waterloo majoring in Political Science. She has past experience working for the Ontario Ministry of Finance as well as the Country of Simcoe in issues related to records management.
Most Recent Memos from the School Business Support Branch
- SB12: Utility Consumption Database Webinar Training for the Green Energy Act and Related Deadlines (PDF 179KB)
- SB10: Student Transportation – Grants for Student Needs, 2016–17 (PDF 357KB)
- SB05: Trustee Training Module on Internal Audit and The Role of Audit Committees (PDF 142KB)
- SB04: Student Transportation Competitive Procurement Review Report (PDF 121KB)